1. What are managed services?
A – Managed Services is the pro-active management of an IT asset or object by a third party on behalf of the customer.
2. What Operating formats do you support?
A – Cynch supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
3. Do you only support servers?
A – No. We offer comprehensive workstation support, which includes network connectivity, domain integration, driver management, updates, upgrades, and software installation.
4. What if we already have a technical support staff?
A – Some of our customers have a designated IT support person or department to handle the day-to-day technical issues. These organizations count on Cynch for the most critical IT support functions such as strategic advice, technical projects, IT security, advanced application support, and after-hour support.
5. What if we have a network or technical support issue after business hours or over the weekend?
A – Cynch support monitors your infrastructure 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Cynch becomes aware of the issue immediately and begins actively moving towards a solution.
6. What is your response time for tickets?
A – The goal at Cynch is to respond to every request within 30 minutes of receiving it.
7. What is a server migration?
A – A server migration is the process of moving data from one server to another server. Server migrations are completed in four phases (Discovery, Sync, Verification, & Cutover).
8. Does managed services mean that we only use your help when there is a problem?
A – Cynch strives to help you with any IT problem that may arise in your business, however our team of dedicated professionals constantly monitors your infrastructure to avoid downtime and increase productivity.
9. Do you have any preferred vendors that you work with?
A – Cynch has professional relationships with vendors such as Magento, Hostway, Softlayer, McAfee, Microsoft, IBM, PEER1, and others.
10. What is remote desk-side support?
A – Remote deskside support is the ability to remotely manage workstations and computers without physical being in front of that device.
1. How do I submit a ticket to Cynch?
A – To submit a ticket open a web-browser and navigate to https://cynch.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new. Fill out the information and click Submit to finish.
2. How can I securely upload information to Cynch?
A - To submit a ticket open a web-browser and navigate to https://cynchinc.com/upload.php. Click Choose File to select a file to upload. Enter your name in the available filed and click Upload to finish.
3. Is my Cynch managed server susceptible to the openSSL Heartbleed bug?
A – Cynch pro-actively patched all servers that could possibly be affected with an updated SSL version.
4. What does Cynch do if a server or workstation gets infected with a virus?
A - Cynch is an authorized re-seller of a major anti-virus solution which would be installed on all infrastructure devices if it fell within the scope of your aggrement.
5. I’m not receiving email from a certain person, what can I do to fix that?
A – While email issues do not always have the same solution, your first steps will always be the same. Begin by creating a support ticket and then reach out to the user who is unable to email you and requesting they send us a copy of the bounce-back notification. Users can send that to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How do I get a cost estimate for my particular needs?
A – Getting a quote is as simple as navigating to www.cynchinc.com/it/managed and clicking on the Get A Quote button. Answer the questions on the form and submit it to Cynch so one of our sales professionals can contact you.
7. What web-based languages can you support?
A – Cynch designers can work in PHP, ASP, ASP.Net, ColdFusion, Java, WordPress, Joomla, Magento, & Drupal.